Read Older Posts by Courtney!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mathematical Humor and Other Musings Here

So... My fellow classmates and I have our College Algebra Final this evening at 6:45pm PST...

Our Math professor, David Swanson, who is Dr. Swanson's son, has made this an interesting, sometimes enjoyable experience for all of us...

But I know that all would agree that, despite a riveting semester, we cannot wait to be done with Math!

Just for clarification and as a btw, Dr. Scott Swanson teaches BTS (Biblical-Theological Studies) at Providence and I will also be having a Final Exam in his BTS 112 class at 1pm PST today (Tuesday)

...So today is my "Swanson Exams" day...
...Fun stuff...

...Anyways, back on subject...
Despite previously exciting experiences, I am, unfortunately, not understanding the new material...

Log and its inverse function (I think it's known as "e"?) are not registering in my poor, little brain...
...Or at least not as anything understandable anyways...
>.<

If anyone could possibly help me out with understanding these methods to any degree, I would be greatly appreciative and infinitely indebted to their assistance!
I will be free from 3:30pm PST - 5:30pm PST
...I'm serious...

However...On the flip-side...
Here are a few things about math that I do know...
...Humor...

This reminded me of the time that Professor Swanson entered in an equation and showed us a "frog"
(It was a frog...Right??)

I feel like this is something Luke would do to make us all laugh...
;)

Pathetic? Yes!
...But hilarious at 4:30am without any sleep or prospects thereof...

NO KIDDING!


I agree...
...Or at least when you move towards the more advanced math...

Calvin & Hobbes AND the recognition of mathematical plotting??
My morning has been made!
^_^

...No, I was NOT referring to graph plotting!...

Well, I think that's about it...
I have a lot to do this week, but hopefully I will be able to give you all a quick update sometime before Saturday!

With lots of studying to do and an extremely stretched and exhausted brain, I bid you...

Oh wait...I forgot...I'm pulling an all-nighter...
I should probably say something better suited to the present circumstances....

...Well, I guess I can say "I'll write you later" then...

So...Ummm...Yeah...
I'll write you later!
-Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment