Read Older Posts by Courtney!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Changing of the Necklace


Well everyone, it's actually happening...
After over a year, I am FINALLY changing my necklace!!


I started wearing this necklace in 2012 during the last month of my Senior year... 



...It had belonged to my Gigi (My maternal great-grandmother) which makes it extremely special to me...



...I have not taken it off more than twice since I first put it on... 
(Don't worry, I definitely cleaned it!)


As a firm creature of habit (And one who is sometimes prone to stick with said habits even up until the silliest of degrees!) changing necklaces is a big deal for me... 

A change to which one must ask a question...
(One that has always been near and dear to my siblings' hearts...)


--- Why? ---


Well, while my Mom attended a homeschool convention in Hartford, CT this past weekend, she bought me a necklace...

She told me that she hoped it would inspire me to do exceptionally well in school this year and serve as a reminder for me of a special goal that I have...

Can you guess what that goal might have something to do with?


Really? 
Are you sure that's what it could be? 


I mean, it might not actually be what you first think it is... Or is it?
Here, take another look...


...Well, I'm sure you have a pretty good guess by now...
;)

Lord willing, I will be joining a group of  my wonderful classmates and friends on a super-special trip (Which my college calls an "Avodah Excursion") to *ISRAEL* in May 2013!!

Our Bible professor will be leading our group throughout Israel and teaching us about the culture; biblical history; and a multitude of other wonderful insights and bits of knowledge that he has to share!

 Dr. Swanson actually lived in Israel for seven years and while there he attending the masters program at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem; So we are all very excited to follow his lead off-campus as much as (and even more-so) as we do on-campus! :)

The trip will take about 16 days and we will be going practically Everywhere!

^_^


Isn't it beautiful? :)

Soo...
Here's hoping that, instead of saying "Next year in Jerusalem" at the end of Passover, I get to say "Just a few more WEEKS until Jerusalem"!!


I am so beyond excited about this trip and hope that I will be able to take part in it next Spring!
^_^
With love and a sleepy smile in Lawrence, MA,
-Courtney

P.S.
I know that it has been FOREVER since I have posted on my blog, but I hope to rectify that as soon as possible!

So much has been happening and at this point I'm just trying to stay a half-step ahead of the whirlwind!
Just sit tight and pray that I can share an update in the near future!

Oh!
And don't forget to smile!
;)

-Courtney

1 comment: