Read Older Posts by Courtney!

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back To "Point A"

A year ago, 
I never thought I would be where I am today
Six months ago, 
I never thought I would be where I am today
Three months ago, 
I never thought I would be where I am today
Yet today has come, and I am here
Wow!

It is absolutely amazing how much we plan and expect and prepare for our futures when we truly have no real control over any of the details in any way.

If you had told me that, in July of 2013, I was going to be staying in California, planning to go back to finishing my degree online, applying for multiple job opportunities, and constantly trying to figure out "Okay God, where are You leading me now?", I would have laughed and said "Oh no. I'm actually going to be doing x, y, and z... That's going to be so much better for me and I'm learning so much more this way." 

Of course, I would change my situation in a heartbeat if I was given the opportunity, but if so many decisions and situations in my life had not happened, I would never have been able to learn all that I have in the ways that I have. Not only that, but I also would have probably missed out on reconnecting with friends I haven't talked with in weeks, months, some even over a year! 

God has consistently shown me ways that I have been so richly blessed in my life. I have quite a lot to learn, that's for sure, but He is always teaching me and leading me and growing me in His perfect plan for my life. I may be devastated at times, I may be in my ultimate at times, but each one is equally important in teaching me about who He is and who I am in Him. If nothing else, that is what makes life worth living. 

No, I may not have all the answers. Yes, I may make a lot of mistakes. Yet I know that each and every decision in my life, made by myself and by others, has brought me to where I am today. Lord willing, five years from now I will be able to look back and say "Oh! That was when I was facing life without very much of a promising future... Isn't it amazing how the Lord has brought me from there to here?" 

Heck, I can even say that now :)

I am further along in finishing my degree. I have had so many amazing life experiences. I have traveled a lot more and further than I expected to. I have met and made so many friends and acquaintances. All of these and so many more things have happened in ways and for reasons that I certainly haven't always understood, but I am so grateful that they happened.

These past few months have opened up my eyes to so many more opportunities and possibilities to learn, and grow, and fail, and, ultimately, mature into the young woman God has created me to become. So watch out world! I'm back to Point A, and the next few years are going to be a lot more than you ever expected!

Okay, I promise I'll have some more interesting posts in the future, but I just had to get this off my chest. :)

Feel free to shoot me a message or give me a call. I have plenty of time and am really enjoying reconnecting with people again. Goodness knows it helps to keep my mind off things lately! 
With lots of time and lots of love,
-Courtney


1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Good to 'hear' from you again! :-)

    Mr. Sallard

    ReplyDelete